Buying your own Kit Item LIST
- By Day 1: Highlighter, any color pen and notebook (half size of a piece of paper) or a 1 subject notebook. On the first day students are given notice to shop at licensed
only beauty suppliers like Cosmoprof and Salon Centric. Sallys Beauty also offers these items. Students are welcome to work ahead on any chapter online.
- Have homework done for chapters 5 & 13. Prepare for possible nail polish color application or doing it. Possible mani done on you or done on another.
- By Day 2: Have homework done for chapters 14 & 19. Wear flip flops to prepare for possible pedicure or you may be doing a pedi/mani.
- By Day 3: Have homework done for chapter 16. Prepare for possible artificial material put onto your nails with or without removal.
- By Day 4: Have homework done for chapter 17. Prepare to have any artificial product on your nails removed (it can be just 2-3 nails but 10
is recommended) and have irregular looking (removable) acrylic put on your nails. You need supplies starting on this day to do your lab
assignments. You will learn more about that process on day 1.
- By Day 5: Have homework done for chapter 15 & 18. Prepare for possible artificial material put onto your nails with or without removal. You must have your supplies to do
your lab assignments.
- Day 7-10: Have homework done for chapter 1-4, 6-12 and 20-22. Prepare for possible artificial material put onto your nails with or without removal. Bring your supplies.
- Salon/spill proof jacket or scrub shirt to wear. Nail supply tote,
suitcase, tackle box or beauty carrying case to hold your items. Table clamp trainer hand refill tips, just the nails we have the hand here to use unless you just want to bring yours. Hand sanitizer, dehydrator, base coat, top coat, few polish including white
& red, polish remover 100% acetone, 99% alcohol, wood sticks, any kind nail wipes, any brand emery board files or nail packs, lotion, cuticle remover,
manicure bowl, cuticle oil (dropper no brush), 200 grit or higher buffers, tiny bag of cotton balls, one 3 way buffer, 2-3 scrubbing nail brushes, 180 grit or higher nail files, polish remover, 3-5 hand size towels (washed at your home or disposable), nippers, curved nail clippers. Enough for up to 30 Manicure services during the course.
- Straight edge clippers, 2-3 disposable slippers,
10-15 disposable toe separators, 5 pumice block, 2-3 sanitizable foot files, a few fine-medium block buffers, box of disposable gloves in
your size. Optional Items: apron, callus remover,
massage oil, drying
spray. Enough for up to 15 Pedicure services in the course.
- Silk or fiberglass wrap material, any kind of tiny scissors, any color half well tip, natural color full well tips, tip cutter, 100 grit nail files, medium orange block buffers, 2-3 tubes of nail glue (different kinds of IBD brand recommended), box of clear cheap folding sandwich bags (not
ziplock). Optional Items: activator/accelerator spray. Enough supply for up to 20 individual nails in the
- Acrylic nail brush size #10 or smaller, course
purple block buffers, EMA acrylic liquid 8-16oz+, acrylic powder 1-2oz+ (pink, clear and
white), 80 grit nail files, dappen dish x2 minimum, sticker nail forms, any kind primer and 100% acetone for removals, small box of pop up reynolds or hair coloring foils. Optional: carbon face mask, brush cleaner, second acrylic brush bigger than #10. Enough for up to 150 individual nails with acrylic and tips in the course.
- Any kind of cheap or expensive Nail Drill with assorted bits. Dust mask. Bits must include silver diamond bits and mandrel
bit with assorted grit sanding
bands (most drills sets will include them). Optional: Carbide Bit.
brand 4oz or more of Odorless acrylic liquid and 1-2oz or more of odorless matching powder in any color. Enough for up to 20 individual nails in the course. Available at sallys and it includes a dehydrator and primer.
- Other items needed during entire course: Any kind of assorted art supplies of your choice that include art brushes and color acrylic craft paint. Ziplock bags in gallon and quart. Black permanent marker. White sticker blank address labels from office supply.
- Optional Items to bring: Items can stay here if it is inside ONE clear leak proof named box with a lid. Drill, curing lights, special table light, table vent/filter, seat
cushions, specialized masks or other items for student comfort or ADA needs. If you have questions about a product like any kind of gels or dip powder you must bring it. Those products are not
provided here for students to use. We had too many spills and waste previously.
- Those that buy a kit: Students that buy a kit only need to bring optional items like a carrying case if they did not get one. Scrub top/salon jacket. Art items. You will
take your kit home and bring random items as needed to do your assignments for that day.
- Food & Drink: Students can bring a close lid beverages and cooler packed lunch items but restaurants are nearby and some are walking distance. There is a microwave/sink
available for use. The school may be closed if the instructor leaves for lunch. Lunch is usually for an hour between 12:00-2 depending on when class started. There is a tiny fridge (no freezer) but
whatever is left in it will be disposed of at the end of the day (no exceptions).
- On Last Day: State Kit for $50 at the school or get the following yourself. Rubber hand (with no
table clamp attachment), new unopened small kit of odorless acrylic (at sallys), first aid kit with two pairs of bagged gloves
and red bio hazard labeled bag, any kind of a rubber hand with adhered tips (not a table clamped), Loctite repair putty with a pair of disposable gloves.
- Provided to use at Labs but needed at home: disinfectant spray, disinfectant soaking solution, water, trash cans, clean tool storage container with lid, sterilizer tray/jar, paper towels, lamp, foot bath, small task rolling chairs,
nail art paints/some art stuff, antibacterial soap, UV/LED lamp and table space.
VARIOUS NAIL SUPPLY STORE