Welcome to Fluvanna County! This school is next to a quiet gated community. We are also right next to the County's Fire &
Resque to ensure watchful safety in this area. We have a daycare and church nearby so be watchful of traveling children in the parking lot! Free parking is just 10-20 feet from the front door. There
are no steps to enter the building. The school does not have a waiting area for guests or a room for eating/breaks in the school.
- The Fluvanna County Library is about 5 minutes away and offers free wifi from their parking lot. They usually have fun things to do for families. Check their website
- There is a family friendly hiking trail, open grass play and a dog park at "Pleasant Grove" about 5 minutes away (OFF spray for ticks recommended). They have a small creek area for fresh water fun when the river is not too high from heavy rains.
- There is a coffee shop across the street by the El Vaquero mexican restaurant with coffee, scoop ice cream, smoothies and free wifi. They also have a bathroom with lots of sitting areas
inside and out.
- We are less than 2 minutes away from Tractor Supply and CVS.There is an open public restroom in the back right of this store.
- There is also a typical Food Lion shopping center about 5 minutes away with a goodwill store, gas station, pet supply store, gift shop pharmacy and sit down restaurants listed below.
- Zions Crossroads is about 15 minutes away with Lowes, Walmart, Advance Auto and lots of food listed below. They also have lodging at Best
- Award winning Carter
Mountain Orchard offers apple or peach picking with food and amazing views worth the drive about 25 minutes away since people drive from all over to visit it. There is a seasonal orchard
in Fluvanna called Fruit Hill Orchard open from July to the fall.
- In this area we also have Cunningham Creek Winery (plus other wineries in Albemarle/Charlottesville) and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello Home is about 25 minutes away near Carter Mountain Orchard
- The "Pantops" area in Charlottesville is 30 minutes from this location with lost of
hotels/motels, a starbucks, chickfillet, chipotle, giant, roses, tuesday morning, dollar tree and lots of car dealerships. Going further out into Route 29 offers more shopping with a distance about 20 minutes NorthWest of pantops. The fashion
square mall is outdated. The Downtown mall area (past pantops) offers a nice dining and eclectic outdoor walking strip shopping. The Barracks road shopping center near UVA offers a quality wide
variety of shopping and dining. The outdoor Stonefield Shopping center offers more high end dining and shopping.
- We are walking distance from Wahoo BBQ with a bar next
door offering BBQ dine in service or takeout
- Across the street are indoor/outdoor dining with Burgers/Beer behind the Dollar General. By CVS there are choices for dine inside service with Mexican, Chinese and Organic. There is also a Dominos.
- Places to eat about 5 min drive away near the Food Lion are indoor dining at Sals Italian dining, Villa Nova Pizzeria, Sports Restaurant & Bar with lots of TV on sports, Chinese, Gelato and Dunkin by the Food Lion
- Zions Crossroads has a drive thru Dunkin and so many fast food places including sit down service dining at ihop,
exquisite Chinese/Thai, awesome mexican and a seafood restaurant.
The Fluvanna County Library
about 5-10 minutes away offers free wifi in their parking lot. There is also a sitting
area inside the coffee shop "Cuppa Joe
" with wifi ni the shopping area behind the school near the Dominos.
TRAVEL & LODGING
There are about 10 minutes of dark windy roads if coming from the Zion Crossroads area. See below for guest info. Rides like Uber and Lyft are not available here. The closest lodging is at zion
crossroads or Charlottesville.
GUESTS & AREA DETAILS
Guests are not permitted to stay inside the school. Restroom use by guests will require a hand sanitation upon entry using the hand sanitizer on the wall. Nearby easy access
restrooms are at CVS, Tractor Supply and the Fluvanna Library nearby.