Virginia requires testing and training hours done inside a state licensed school under the
supervision of a state licensed instructor to complete a Nail Course that leads to licensing.
- Students do not usually attend within 30 days of starting
- Students should start attending within 60-90 days of enrolling
- Attendance is 1-2 or 1-3 days per month by student's choice
- Limit of 4 days per month or 1 day per week with required online work done first
- Classes are usually booked by student online, by text, by email, by phone or in class
- Most students finish the entire course within 4-5 months (course expires for use in 6 months)
- All class training is 1 student to 1 instructor at all times to go each student's speed
- A mask is required to be worn at class by the instructor/student (except during state photo and drinking
- Mon-Fri usually at 10, 11, 12 and 1pm with other times after 1pm planned 2-4 weeks ahead
- Sat and Sun around 10:30am or 2:30pm with other times after 2pm planned 2-4 weeks ahead with
- Each class is up to 3 hours long
- Evening classes ending by 9pm are available when booked 2-4 weeks ahead
- On average there is about 20 days of classes offered each month
AMOUNT OF DAYS TO ATTEND
Most of our students can usually finish their class training within 6-9 days or less based on their skill to complete assignments and learn
required safe hands-on skill. Since classes are private, all students will learn at their own speed. Some students are faster to attend less days or more attentive to attend more
days. Attending back to back dates is not done here to ensure that practice was done at home to bring issues to resolve at the next
class date to master skill effectively. Attendance is no more than one day a week. Rushing can cause issue with passing the state
exams at the end of the course.
OTHER ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Students are able to book up to three (up to 1hr) video chat or several (up to 30min) phone calls to get help with hands on homework or book study during the first 3 months of the course.
Students can ask for help to design a completion plan to do their work study and attenance around their personal events.
Students will be required to take testing at the school (under recording video cameras) to verify that they were the one doing the online study work. Failed tests are $50 per try. There are two
tests required to pass the book study/online part of the course. These tests must be passed to complete the course.
Those driving over 60 miles are permitted up to 15 min late grace time and those driving over 120 miles are given a 30 min grace time to arrive. Please, NEVER text and drive! FYI: As of Jan 1,
2020 drivers are not allowed to talk on a phone put to their ear. Students can take breaks to use the restroom and snack as requested during classes. Smoking must be done over 10 feet from the front
door. The GPS address is 12 Centre Court, Palmyra VA 22963
Students can cancel/reschedule classes online through their email reminder up to 24 hours before their start time but less than 24 hour cancellations can't be
done online and will require a $50 rebook fee (exception to verifiable emergencies). Students needing a pause time in the course should discuss it with the instructor based on their verifiable
situation or emergency.
Students can park anywhere during classes including right in front of the school. There are no steps or stairs inside/outside, space is ADA entry/seating space compliant, private handicap
restroom on site, front door swings both ways, sturdy wood seating available upon request, parking is free with a walking distance of less than 20 feet from the door.
Guests are not permitted to stay inside the school. Restroom use by guests will require a mask on with hand sanitation upon entry and exit using the hand sanitizer on the wall. There is no
public wifi available at the school for security reasons. There is a coffee shop
across the street with lots of inside seating by
the dominos/cvs shopping center with free wifi. The public Fluvanna County Library is about a 5 minutes drive away with free no password wifi from the parking lot and 45min computer use
. Those with a TMobile carrier should plan
their route ahead because of low signal areas along the way. Zion Crossroads is about 15 min away and offers many choices to eat, walmart and lowes.
Dec 21, 24-26, 29 & 31
Jan 1-2, 5, 8, 11, 18-20, 25 & 27
New student sign up visits, phone calls, text, email and video chat IS available during holiday closures (by appt)
Dates are subject to change for event & state training reschedules
Be cautious of online scam schools offering quick cheap online training that can NOT give credit hours towards licensing! No
course that leads to licensing in Virginia can be 100% online. Credit hours for licensing must be done with a state licensed instructor in/with a state license school